(1) In the manner provided in ORS chapter 183 for the adoption of rules and after consideration of available technology and costs, the Building Codes Structures Board and the Residential Structures Board shall establish basic and uniform performance standards to provide maximum energy conservation and use of passive solar energy in the design, construction, reconstruction, alteration and repair of buildings and other structures. Such standards shall be submitted to the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services for proposed inclusion in the state building code as provided by ORS 455.030 (4).
(2) Any testing requirements adopted under subsection (1) of this section do not apply to fenestration products that are for use within residential structures if the fenestration products are:
(a) Used in the creation of sunrooms and solariums and constructed with a minimum of a one-half inch space between the panes; or
(b) Fenestration products used as skylights that constitute no more than 10 percent of the total glazing used in any dwelling unit.
(3) The Residential Structures Board and the director shall jointly adopt by rule default thermal performance values for residential fenestration products that are produced in low volume. Any testing requirements adopted under subsection (1) of this section or ORS 455.020 or 455.030 do not apply to residential fenestration products that are produced in low volume.
(4) Fenestration products manufactured for use as skylights that are subject to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section and have frames that are wood, thermal break aluminum or aluminum with vinyl shall be deemed to meet any performance standards included in the state building code when the following glazing configurations are used:
(a) A minimum one-half inch space between the panes and low-e (emissivity) glass; or
(b) Triple-layered acrylic.
(5) Regulations relating to the use and conservation of energy adopted pursuant to ORS 455.020 (2) shall be reviewed by the Building Codes Structures Board and the Residential Structures Board. [Formerly 456.740; 1993 c.744 §95; 1993 c.782 §1; 1999 c.59 §128; 2003 c.675 §29]Section: Previous 455.475 455.477 455.479 455.481 455.483 455.510 455.520 455.525 455.530 455.560 455.565 455.570 455.575 455.580 455.595 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008