(1) At least biennially the State Department of Energy shall issue a forecast on the energy situation as it affects Oregon. The forecast shall include, but not be limited to, an estimate of:
(a) Energy demand and the resources available to meet that demand; and
(b) Impacts of conservation and new technology, increased efficiency of present energy facilities, additions to present facilities, and construction of new facilities, on the availability of energy to Oregon.
(2) The forecast shall include summary forecasts for:
(a) Each of the first five years immediately following issuance of the forecast; and
(b) The 10th and 20th year following the issuance of the forecast.
(3) The forecast shall identify all major components of demand and any anticipated increase in demand, including but not limited to population, commercial, agricultural and industrial growth.
(4) The State Department of Energy, by July 1 of each even-numbered year, shall issue a statement setting forth the methodology and assumptions it intends to employ in preparing the forthcoming forecast, any changes in the preceding forecast, and an outline of the contents of the biennial plan to be published by the department on the following January 1, and not later than the 45th day thereafter, commence public hearings thereon.
(5) All state agencies, energy suppliers, owners of energy facilities, and other persons whom the Director of the State Department of Energy believes have an interest in the subject or who have applied to the director therefor, shall be supplied a copy of the statement issued by the department on July 1 of each even-numbered year. The director may charge a reasonable fee for a copy of this statement not to exceed the cost thereof.
(6) After the public hearings required by subsection (4) of this section, but not later than January 1 following the issuance of its statement, the department shall issue the forecast required by subsection (1) of this section.
(7) The forecast shall be included within the plan provided for in ORS 469.060 (1). [1975 c.606 §9; 1977 c.794 §3; 1983 c.273 §2; 2003 c.186 §17]Section: Previous 469.010 469.020 469.030 469.040 469.050 469.055 469.060 469.070 469.080 469.085 469.090 469.095 469.097 469.100 469.110 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008