Notwithstanding ORS chapter 401, when an emergency exists because of an accident or catastrophe in the operation of a nuclear power plant or nuclear installation or in the transportation of radioactive material, the Governor, for the duration of the emergency, may:
(1) Assume complete control of all emergency operations in the area affected by the accident or catastrophe, direct all rescue and salvage work and do all things deemed advisable and necessary to alleviate the immediate conditions.
(2) Assume control of all police and law enforcement activities in such area, including the activities of all local police and peace officers.
(3) Close all roads and highways in such area to traffic or by order of the Director of the State Department of Energy limit the travel on such roads to such extent as the director deems necessary and expedient.
(4) Designate persons to coordinate the work of public and private relief agencies operating in such area and exclude from such area any person or agency refusing to cooperate with other agencies engaged in emergency work.
(5) Require the aid and assistance of any state or other public or quasi-public agencies in the performance of duties and work attendant upon the emergency conditions in such area. [1983 c.586 §47]Section: Previous 469.507 469.510 469.520 469.525 469.530 469.533 469.534 469.535 469.536 469.540 469.550 469.553 469.556 469.559 469.560 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008