(1) Each petroleum supplier shall pay to the State Department of Energy annually its share of an assessment to fund:
(a) Information, assistance and technical advice required of fuel oil dealers under ORS 469.675 for which the Director of the State Department of Energy contracts under ORS 469.677; and
(b) Cash payments to a dwelling owner or contractor for energy conservation measures.
(2) The amount of the assessment required by subsection (1) of this section shall be determined by the director in a manner consistent with the method prescribed in ORS 469.421. The aggregate amount of the assessment shall not exceed $400,000. In making this assessment, the director shall exclude all gallons of distillate fuel oil sold by petroleum suppliers that are subject to the requirements of section 3, Article IX of the Oregon Constitution, or ORS 319.020 or 319.530.
(3) If any petroleum supplier fails to pay any amount assessed to it under this section within 30 days after the payment is due, the Attorney General, on behalf of the State Department of Energy, may institute a proceeding in the circuit court to collect the amount due.
(4) Interest on delinquent assessments shall be added to and paid at the rate of one and one-half percent of the payment due per month or fraction of a month from the date the payment was due to the date of payment.
(5) The assessment required by subsection (1) of this section is in addition to any assessment required by ORS 469.421 (8), and any other fee or assessment required by law.
(6) As used in this section, “petroleum supplier” means a petroleum refiner in this state or any person engaged in the wholesale distribution of distillate fuel oil in the State of Oregon. [1981 c.778 §23; 1983 c.273 §3; 1987 c.450 §3; 1989 c.88 §6; 1993 c.434 §1; 1993 c.569 §29; 1995 c.79 §289; 2003 c.186 §45]Section: Previous 469.655 469.657 469.659 469.673 469.675 469.677 469.679 469.681 469.683 469.685 469.687 469.700 469.710 469.715 469.717 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008