The State of Oregon shall pursue and may enter into an interstate cooperative agreement with the states of Washington, Idaho and Montana for the purpose of making collective efforts to control Bonneville Power Administration wholesale power costs and rates by studying and developing a region-wide response to:
(1) Federal attempts to increase arbitrarily the interest rates on federal funds previously used to build public facilities in the Pacific Northwest.
(2) Federal initiatives to sell the Bonneville Power Administration.
(3) Bonneville Power Administration rate increase and budget expenditure proposals in excess of their actual needs.
(4) Regional uses of surplus firm power, including uses by existing or newly attracted Pacific Northwest industries, to provide long-term use of the surplus for job development.
(5) Power transmission intertie access. [1985 c.780 §1]
Note: 469.950 was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 469 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 469.870 469.875 469.878 469.880 469.885 469.890 469.895 469.900 469.930 469.935 469.950 469.990 469.991 469.992 469.994 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008