(1) The Asset Forfeiture Oversight Account is established in the State Treasury separate and distinct from the General Fund.
(2) The following moneys shall be deposited into the State Treasury and credited to the Asset Forfeiture Oversight Account:
(a) Moneys received from a state agency or political subdivision under the provisions of ORS 475A.120 and 475A.126; and
(b) Any other moneys appropriated to the Asset Forfeiture Oversight Account.
(3) The State Treasurer may invest and reinvest moneys in the Asset Forfeiture Oversight Account in the manner provided by law. Interest earned by the account shall be credited to the account.
(4) The moneys in the Asset Forfeiture Oversight Account are continuously appropriated to the Oregon Criminal Justice Commission to be used for the purposes specified in ORS 475A.155.
(5) If at the end of a biennium the Asset Forfeiture Oversight Account has received amounts under the provisions of ORS 475A.120 (4)(b) and 475A.126 (3)(b) that are in excess of 115 percent of the biennial expenditure limitation established for expenditures from the account, the Oregon Criminal Justice Commission shall refund to each state agency or political subdivision that made payment into the account during the biennium a pro rata share of the amounts that are in excess of 115 percent of the expenditure limitation for the account, based on the amount of forfeiture proceeds paid into the account by the state agency or political subdivision. The commission is not required to issue any refund under this subsection if the amount of the refund is less than $25. [1997 c.592 §4; 1999 c.864 §1; 2001 c.780 §§16,16a; 2005 c.830 §40]
_______________Section: Previous 475A.091 475A.095 475A.096 475A.100 475A.105 475A.110 475A.111 475A.115 475A.120 475A.125 475A.126 475A.130 475A.135 475A.155 475A.160
Last modified: August 7, 2008