(1) There is established within the State Department of Fish and Wildlife the Access and Habitat Board, consisting of seven members appointed by the State Fish and Wildlife Commission.
(2) Three members shall be appointed to represent the broad spectrum of hunters. In making appointments pursuant to this subsection, the commission shall consider recommendations from the State Fish and Wildlife Director.
(3) Three members of the board shall be appointed to represent the broad spectrum of agriculture and timber landowners. In making appointments pursuant to this subsection, the commission shall consider recommendations from the State Fish and Wildlife Director from a list of at least 15 persons submitted by the State Forester and the Director of Agriculture.
(4) One member of the board shall be appointed to represent the public and shall serve as the board chairperson.
(5) A member of the board shall receive no compensation for services as a member. However, subject to any applicable law regulating travel and other expenses of state officers and employees, a member shall be reimbursed for actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred in the performance of official duties from such moneys as are made available by section 19, chapter 659, Oregon Laws 1993.
(6) The term of office of a member of the board is four years. A member of the board is eligible for reappointment.
(7) An official action of the board may be taken only upon the affirmative vote of at least four members.
(8) The board shall select such officers for such terms and with such duties and powers as the board considers necessary for the performance of those offices.
(9) The board shall meet at such times and at such places as may be determined by the chair or by the majority of the members of the board. [1993 c.659 §15]Section: Previous 496.210 496.211 496.215 496.216 496.220 496.221 496.225 496.228 496.230 496.232 496.235 496.236 496.240 496.242 496.245 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008