(1) The operator of any geothermal well shall keep, or cause to be kept, a careful and accurate log, core record and history of the drilling of the well.
(2) The log referred to in subsection (1) of this section shall show the character and depth of each formation encountered in the drilling of the well; the amount, size and weight of casing used; and the location, depth and temperature of water-bearing strata, including the temperature, chemical composition and other chemical and physical characteristics of fluid encountered from time to time, so far as determined.
(3) The core record referred to in subsection (1) of this section shall show the depth, character and fluid content of cores obtained, so far as determined from the study and analysis thereof.
(4) The history referred to in subsection (1) of this section shall show the location and amount of sidetracked casings, tools or other material; the depth and quantity of cement in cement plugs; the shots of dynamite or other explosives used; the results of production and other tests during drilling operations; and completion data.
(5) The log referred to in subsections (1) and (2) of this section shall be kept in the local office of the operator and, together with the tour reports of the operator, shall be subject, during business hours, to inspection by the governing board of the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, or the department.
(6) The operator of any geothermal well shall, in addition to furnishing the log, records, and tests required by this section, collect representative drill cuttings. The operator shall additionally, in the event cores are taken, collect representative core samples. The drill cuttings and core samples shall be filed with the department promptly upon completion or upon its written request, and upon the abandonment or upon suspension of operations for a period of at least six months. [1975 c.552 §26; 1977 c.87 §4]Section: Previous 522.275 522.305 522.310 522.315 522.320 522.325 522.330 522.355 522.365 522.405 522.410 522.415 522.420 522.425 522.430 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008