The governing board of the State Department of Geology and Mineral Industries may make, in compliance with ORS chapter 183, rules and orders for the following purposes:
(1) To review and enforce voluntary unit agreements governing production of geothermal resources in a manner that is consistent with the provisions of this chapter.
(2) To provide application forms and procedures to enable a person to request the board to initiate a unit agreement.
(3) To develop and enforce, when necessary, unit agreements satisfying the requirements of this chapter.
(4) To settle disagreements between the parties to a unit agreement over unit operation.
(5) To change the boundaries of a unit area.
(6) To prevent the drilling and operation of geothermal wells and the production of geothermal resources in a manner that causes injury to neighboring leaseholds or property.
(7) To levy fees on any operator, person, state or local governing body, special district or agency that holds a royalty interest in a unit area to cover reasonable costs associated with the development and administration of a unit agreement. [1981 c.588 §22]Section: Previous 522.505 522.510 522.515 522.520 522.525 522.530 522.535 522.540 522.545 522.810 522.815 522.910 522.915 522.920 522.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008