(1) There is created a State Board of Forestry consisting of seven members appointed by the Governor. The members appointed to the board shall be subject to confirmation by the Senate as provided in ORS 171.562 and 171.565. The Governor shall designate one member of the board as chairperson to hold that position until that memberís term expires or until relieved by the Governor as provided in subsection (6) of this section. The chairperson shall have such powers and duties as are provided by the rules of the board.
(2) The term of office of a member of the board is four years. A member shall be eligible for reappointment, but no member shall serve more than two consecutive full terms. In case of a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment as provided in subsection (1) of this section.
(3) Appointments made by the Governor under subsection (1) of this section shall include appointment of at least one member from each of the forest regions established under ORS 527.640 and the rules adopted thereunder by January 1, 1987.
(4) No more than three members of the board may derive any significant portion of their income directly from persons or organizations that are subject to regulation under ORS 527.610 to 527.770, 527.990 (1) and 527.992.
(5) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, no member of the board shall have any relationship or pecuniary interest that would interfere with the member representing the public interest.
(6) The Governor may at any time remove any member of the board for inefficiency, incompetence, neglect of duty, malfeasance in office, unfitness to render effective service or failure to continue to meet the criteria of appointment pursuant to this section. [1965 c.253 §4; 1973 c.230 §1; 1979 c.394 §1; 1983 c.759 §5; 1987 c.919 §6]Section: Previous 526.005 526.008 526.009 526.010 526.015 526.016 526.020 526.030 526.031 526.036 526.040 526.041 526.046 526.048 526.050 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008