In addition to the functions listed in ORS 526.640, the Oregon Forest Resources Institute may:
(1) Conduct research and disseminate reliable information based upon such research.
(2) Sue and be sued as an institute without individual liability for acts of the board of directors within the scope of the powers conferred upon it by law.
(3) Enter into contracts which the board of directors considers necessary to carry out the duties, functions and powers imposed upon the institute by law.
(4) Borrow money in amounts not to exceed 50 percent of the board of directors’ estimate of the institute’s revenue from the current year’s harvest.
(5) Appoint subordinate officers and employees of the institute and prescribe their duties and fix their compensation.
(6) Adopt, rescind, modify or amend all proper orders, regulations, rules and resolutions for the exercise of its duties, functions and powers. [1991 c.949 §12]
(Financial Administration)Section: Previous 526.615 526.620 526.625 526.630 526.632 526.635 526.640 526.645 526.650 526.655 526.660 526.665 526.670 526.675 526.680 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008