(1) The Governor, the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall appoint a statewide Healthy Streams Partnership. The Healthy Streams Partnership shall consist of 21 persons. Membership shall include:
(a) Seven members who represent watershed groups or soil and water conservation districts;
(b) One member who represents tribal governments and who resides east of the summit of the Cascade Mountain Range;
(c) One member who represents tribal governments and who resides west of the summit of the Cascade Mountain Range;
(d) Two members who represent environmental advocacy or wildlife conservation groups; and
(e) Ten members who represent different in-stream and out-of-stream beneficial uses of water, including but not limited to agricultural, recreational, industrial, municipal and silvicultural uses.
(2) The members of the Healthy Streams Partnership shall serve for four years and may be reappointed for no more than two consecutive terms, but any person may be appointed again to the partnership after an interval of four years.
(3) The Healthy Streams Partnership shall elect a chairperson and vice chairperson for a term of one year and shall determine the duties of the officers.
(4) A majority of the members of the Healthy Streams Partnership constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business. The Healthy Streams Partnership shall operate in accordance with procedures adopted by the members.
(5) The office of the Governor shall provide administrative support and services to the Healthy Streams Partnership.
(6) The duties of the Healthy Streams Partnership shall include but need not be limited to:
(a) Providing information to the appropriate legislative committee about the implementation of the programs from a local and regional perspective; and
(b) Recommending changes necessary to facilitate more efficient implementation of the initiative and other stream improvement programs at the local level.
(7) Members of the Healthy Streams Partnership shall not be compensated for their services but are eligible for reimbursement of travel and other reasonable expenses in accordance with ORS 292.495. [1997 c.7 §4; 1999 c.244 §1; 1999 c.270 §6; 1999 c.1026 §21; 2007 c.354 §21]Section: Previous 541.396 541.397 541.399 541.400 541.401 541.403 541.405 541.407 541.409 541.410 541.411 541.413 541.415 541.420 541.423 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008