The Water Resources Commission may:
(1) Issue preliminary permits, as provided in ORS 543.210 to 543.250, to any person qualified to become a licensee.
(2) Issue licenses, as provided in ORS 543.260, to citizens of the United States, associations of citizens, or private corporations organized under the laws of the United States or any state of the United States, to appropriate, initiate, perfect, acquire and hold the right to the use of waters within the state, including waters over which the state has concurrent jurisdiction, and to construct, operate and maintain dams, reservoirs, power houses, conduits, transmission lines, and all other works and structures necessary or convenient for the use of the waters in the generation and utilization of electricity.
(3) Conduct investigations and collect information the commission considers necessary or useful for the purposes of ORS 543.010 to 543.610 and cooperate with the federal government and adjoining states concerning all such matters, particularly with reference to waters forming the boundary between this state and another state.
(4) Prescribe the forms of all accounts, records and memoranda to be kept by licensees under ORS 543.010 to 543.610.
(5) Examine at any time all accounts, books of account and documents and data related to the business of a licensee under ORS 543.010 to 543.610; and require a licensee to submit, whenever required by the commission, reports and statements under oath containing information as to assets, liabilities, capitalization, gross receipts, interest and dividend requirements, interest due and paid, amortization and other reserves, net investment, cost of any project constructed, maintained or operated, in whole or in part, cost of maintenance, operation, renewals, replacements, cost of production, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity, and other data as the commission may require.
(6) Perform all acts, exercise all powers and issue all orders which, in the judgment and discretion of the commission, are necessary to effectuate the purposes of ORS 543.010 to 543.610. [Amended by 1955 c.673 §3; 1955 c.707 §39; 1961 c.224 §13; 1985 c.673 §140; 1995 c.229 §3]Section: Previous 543.012 543.014 543.015 543.017 543.020 543.030 543.040 543.050 543.055 543.060 543.070 543.075 543.078 543.080 543.082 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008