(1) Not later than three years before the expiration of a water right for a state project, the Water Resources Department shall notify the project owner of the expiration of the water right and request that the owner advise the department whether the owner intends to seek reauthorization of the water right for the state project.
(2) If the owner does not intend to seek reauthorization, the owner shall, within 90 days after receiving notice under subsection (1) of this section, inform the department of the disposition of the state project.
(3) If the owner intends to seek reauthorization, the owner shall, within 90 days after receiving notice under subsection (1) of this section, submit to the department a notice of intent to file an application for reauthorization of the water right. The notice of intent shall:
(a) Include a statement of the applicant’s intent to continue operation of the state project; and
(b) Describe the state project, including but not limited to the location and capacity of the state project and the identification of affected Indian tribes and local government entities.
(4) The department shall cause public notice to be given upon receipt of a notice of intent. The public notice shall include the date of expiration of the water right and a description of the state project.
(5) Only the project owner may apply to reauthorize the water right for a state project. [1997 c.449 §6]Section: Previous 543A.005 543A.010 543A.015 543A.020 543A.025 543A.030 543A.035 543A.040 543A.045 543A.050 543A.055 543A.060 543A.065 543A.070 543A.071 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008