A district board shall:
(1) Manage and conduct the affairs of the district.
(2) Employ and appoint agents and employees, prescribe their duties and fix their compensation.
(3) Establish reasonable rules and regulations for the administration of the affairs of the district.
(4) Withhold deliveries of water to lands upon which there are delinquent assessments or charges.
(5) Establish and maintain funds and accounts for the funds of the district and of any subdistrict.
(6) Obtain an annual audit of the books of the district.
(7) Fix the location of the principal office of the district at some convenient place within or without the district.
(8) Keep a record of all of the proceedings of the district board.
(9) Furnish a record book to the county clerk of each county in which lands within the district are located, in which shall be recorded all contracts executed under ORS 552.618 and 552.670, all orders levying assessments and creating subdistricts, and other documents required by law to be recorded. [1969 c.606 §20; 1971 c.23 §10]Section: Previous 552.205 552.208 552.210 552.213 552.215 552.218 552.220 552.223 552.225 552.228 552.230 552.235 552.240 552.245 552.250 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008