A bond used to comply with financial responsibility requirements under ORS 558.050 must meet all of the following requirements:
(1) The bond must be in the amount required by ORS 558.050.
(2) The bond must be approved by a judge of a court of record in this state.
(3) The bond must contain a provision that it cannot be canceled except upon the giving of 10 daysí prior written notice to the State Department of Agriculture.
(4) The bond must be provided by either of the following:
(a) A surety company.
(b) Two persons who are residents of Oregon and who each own real property in this state having together equities at least of the value required for the bond under ORS 558.050.
(5) If the bond is provided by real property owners in this state, the bond must contain a schedule of the real property owned by each of the sureties that will be used to meet the financial responsibility requirements of this state.
(6) The bond must be conditioned to pay, on behalf of the principal, the limits of financial responsibility requirements under ORS 558.050.
(7) The bond must be conditioned to pay, on behalf of the principal, judgments against a person for accidents described in ORS 558.050 and must be subject to action under ORS 558.053.
(8) The bond is subject to any rules adopted by the department relating to such bonds. [2003 c.175 §15]Section: Previous 558.010 558.020 558.030 558.040 558.050 558.052 558.053 558.054 558.055 558.060 558.065 558.066 558.070 558.080 558.090 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008