As used in ORS 576.051 to 576.455, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Commercial channels” means the sale of the commodity for which a commodity commission is established for use as food, industrial, agricultural or chemurgic use, when sold to any commercial buyer or to any person who resells the commodity or any product derived therefrom.
(2) “Commission” means a commodity commission established under ORS 576.051 to 576.455.
(3) “Commodity” means any distinctive type of agricultural, horticultural, viticultural, vegetable, animal or seafood product, or any class, variety or utilization thereof, in a natural or processed state, including bees and honey but not including timber or timber products. The Director of Agriculture may determine what types or subtypes of commodity may be classed together as a commodity for the purposes of ORS 576.051 to 576.455.
(4) “Department” means the State Department of Agriculture.
(5) “Director” means the Director of Agriculture.
(6) “First purchaser” means any person who buys the commodity for which a commission is established from the producer in the first instance, or handler who received the commodity in the first instance from the producer for resale or processing.
(7) “Handler” means any producer, processor, distributor or other person engaged in the handling or marketing of or dealing in the commodity for which a commission is established, whether as an owner, agent, employee, broker or otherwise.
(8) “Producer” means a person that engages in, or has engaged in, the business of growing, producing or procuring within this state, or in the rivers or offshore waters of this state except the Columbia River, a commodity for market or for delivery or transfer to others owning or holding title to the commodity. “Producer” includes a landowner, landlord, tenant, sharecropper, boat skipper or other person that participates in the growing, producing or procuring of a commodity and receives a share of the commodity.
(9) “Regional commission” means a commission that functions only within a specified area of this state consisting of one or more entire counties. [Formerly 576.005; 1957 c.447 §1; 1959 c.596 §1; 1977 c.198 §7; 2003 c.604 §31]Section: Previous 576.041 576.043 576.044 576.045 576.047 576.049 576.050 576.051 576.053 576.054 576.055 576.060 576.062 576.065 576.066 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008