(1) If a person selling or providing grape product to a winery performs part of the processing function of a winery, the person shall report the sale or provision of the grape product and pay the tax imposed under ORS 473.045 (5).
(2) A person or winery required to pay a tax under ORS 473.045 (5) shall keep accurate records sufficient to enable the Oregon Liquor Control Commission to determine by inspection and audit the accuracy of the taxes paid or due the Oregon Wine Board and of reports made or due to the commission.
(3) The commission or a designee of the commission may inspect and audit the records referred to in subsection (2) of this section for the purpose referred to in subsection (2) of this section.
(4) A person or winery may not refuse to permit an inspection and audit under subsection (3) of this section during business hours.
(5) In addition to the penalties prescribed in ORS 473.992, a person or winery that delays transmittal of tax payments under ORS 473.045 (5) beyond the due date specified in ORS 473.045 shall pay five percent of the overdue amount for the first full or partial month of delay and one percent of the overdue amount for each full or partial month of delay thereafter.
(6) If a winery willfully refuses to turn over tax moneys withheld under ORS 473.045 (5), the winery shall pay an additional amount equal to twice the amount of the tax moneys not turned over. [2003 c.797 §8]Section: Previous 576.756 576.759 576.760 576.763 576.765 576.766 576.768 576.771 576.775 576.800 576.805 576.810 576.815 576.820 576.821 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008