(1) If a document delivered to the Office of Secretary of State for filing satisfies the requirements of ORS 58.400, the Secretary of State shall file it.
(2) The Secretary of State files a document by indicating thereon that it has been filed by the Secretary of State and the date of filing. After filing a document, except as provided in ORS 58.225, 60.114, 60.117, 60.724 and 60.727, the Secretary of State shall return an acknowledgment of filing to the professional corporation or its representative.
(3) If the Secretary of State refuses to file a document, the Secretary of State shall return it to the professional corporation or its representative within 10 business days after the document was delivered together with a brief written explanation of the reason for the refusal.
(4) The Secretary of State’s duty to file documents under this section is ministerial and is limited in scope of review as set out by rule of the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State is not required to verify or inquire into the legality or truth of any matter included in any document delivered to the Office of Secretary of State for filing. The Secretary of State’s filing or refusing to file a document does not:
(a) Affect the validity or invalidity of the document in whole or part; or
(b) Relate to the correctness or incorrectness of information contained in the document.
(5) The Secretary of State’s refusal to file a document does not create a presumption that the document is invalid or that information contained in the document is incorrect. [1987 c.94 §9; 1999 c.486 §4]Section: Previous 58.381 58.383 58.385 58.387 58.389 58.400 58.410 58.420 58.430 58.440 58.450 58.460 58.470 58.480 58.490 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008