As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Dairy cattle” includes the recognized breeds of bovine animals used primarily for the production of milk, such as, but not limited to, Jersey, Guernsey, Brown Swiss, Ayrshire, Milking Shorthorn, Holstein and Red Polled, whether or not such animals are purebred or grade, and crosses of such breeds, including crosses of such breeds with beef type animals.
(2) “Department” means the State Department of Agriculture of the State of Oregon.
(3) “Director” means the director of the department.
(4) “Licensee” means any person who operates a livestock auction market, either as owner or lessee, and who holds a license to conduct such market issued by the department pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(5) “Livestock” includes horses, mules, asses, cattle, sheep, swine, goats and poultry, including turkeys, of any age or sex.
(6) “Livestock auction market” means a place of business to which the public may consign livestock for sale by auction open to public bidding or sold on a commission basis, but, specifically, it does not include breed or livestock associations operating subject to and in compliance with the provisions of the Oregon Nonprofit Corporation Act, ORS chapter 65, Future Farmer and 4-H groups, auction sales conducted in conjunction with county, state or private fairs or auction sales conducted by or for a person at which livestock of such person’s ownership are sold on premises of the person.
(7) “Meat dealer” means a person licensed to slaughter meat food animals pursuant to the applicable provisions of this section and ORS chapter 603. [1953 c.677 §1; 1955 c.724 §15; 1957 c.390 §1; 1967 c.368 §1; 1971 c.578 §9; 1973 c.175 §13; 1981 c.248 §25; 1983 c.417 §1; 1989 c.1010 §178]Section: Previous 599.070 599.080 599.090 599.100 599.110 599.120 599.130 599.205 599.210 599.215 599.220 599.225 599.230 599.235 599.240 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008