(1) A person may not operate a temporary restaurant without first procuring a license to do so from the Department of Human Services. The temporary restaurant license shall be posted in a conspicuous place on the premises of the licensee.
(2) Application for a temporary restaurant license shall be in writing in the form prescribed by the department and shall contain the name and address of the applicant, the specific location of the temporary restaurant and any other information the department may require.
(3) All temporary restaurant licenses shall terminate 30 days after issuance unless within the 30 days the temporary restaurant is discontinued or is moved from the specific location for which the license was issued. If within 30 days after issuance the temporary restaurant is discontinued or moved from the specific location for which the license was issued, the license shall terminate upon the discontinuance or the removal.
(4) Except as provided in ORS 624.106 and subsection (6) of this section, every applicant for a temporary restaurant license or renewal thereof shall pay to the department the appropriate license fee under ORS 624.490.
(5) The Director of Human Services may suspend, deny or revoke any temporary restaurant license if it appears, after a reasonable time has been given for correction of a sanitation violation, that the applicant does not meet applicable minimum sanitation standards as outlined in ORS 624.010 to 624.121 or any rule adopted thereunder. Any suspension, denial or revocation action shall be taken in accordance with ORS chapter 183.
(6) Notwithstanding any other provision of this section or ORS 624.490:
(a) Each temporary restaurant operating on an intermittent basis, in a grouping of six or more, at the same specific location two or more times within a 30-day period shall be issued one license for each 30-day period.
(b) The total annual amount of license fees for temporary restaurants described in paragraph (a) of this subsection may not exceed the maximum annual license fee for a restaurant that is situated in the county in which the temporary restaurant is situated. [Formerly 624.025]Section: Previous 624.067 624.070 624.073 624.075 624.077 624.080 624.085 624.086 624.090 624.091 624.095 624.096 624.100 624.101 624.106 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008