(1) A manufacturer-bulk distributor license issued by the State Department of Agriculture is required for manufacturers or bulk distributors of registered or custom mixed fertilizer, agricultural amendment, agricultural mineral or lime products. A license is required for any business entity described by either or both of the following conditions:
(a) Each out-of-state or in-state business entity that distributes fertilizer, agricultural amendment, agricultural mineral or lime in bulk.
(b) Each in-state business entity that manufactures any fertilizer, agricultural amendment, agricultural mineral or lime product in this state.
(2) An application for a manufacturer-bulk distributor license must be filed on forms provided by the department and must be accompanied by a nonrefundable license fee to be determined by rule, not to exceed $50 for each business entity per year.
(3) An application for a license must include but not be limited to:
(a) The name, physical address and mailing address of the business entity main office and primary contact;
(b) A list of locations that are in operation for more than 90 days during a license period; and
(c) Other information as required by the department to clarify the manufacturer’s or bulk distributor’s activities or location.
(4) A manufacturer-bulk distributor license will expire on December 31 of each year or on such date as may be specified by department rule. A late fee of $25 may be assessed by the department on or after the 30th day following the expiration of a license if the license fee has not been paid by the applicant. The late fee shall be added to the required license fee and must be paid by the applicant before the department may issue a license to the applicant.
(5) Within 30 days, each license holder shall report any change to the department that results in the addition, removal or change of a location. [2001 c.914 §22; 2007 c.768 §38]Section: Previous 633.230 633.240 633.250 633.260 633.310 633.311 633.315 633.318 633.320 633.321 633.330 633.331 633.335 633.336 633.340 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008