(1) There is created the Fertilizer Research Committee to advise the Director of Agriculture on the funding of grants for research and development related to the interaction of fertilizer, agricultural mineral and agricultural amendment products and ground water or surface water. The committee shall consist of seven members appointed by the director as follows:
(a) The Director of Agriculture or the director’s designee;
(b) Two members of the public who have no involvement in the manufacture, distribution or sale of fertilizer, agricultural mineral or agricultural amendment products;
(c) Three members representing the fertilizer, agricultural mineral or agricultural amendment industry; and
(d) One member representing Oregon State University.
(2) The term of each member is two years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the director. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the director shall appoint a successor whose term begins on January 1 next following. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the director shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(3) The committee shall select one of its members as chairperson and another as vice chairperson, for such terms and with duties and powers necessary for the performance of the functions of such offices as the committee determines.
(4) A majority of the members of the committee constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business.
(5) The committee shall meet at times and places specified by the call of the chairperson or of a majority of the members of the committee.
(6) The director may appoint an alternate committee member for each member of the committee. [2001 c.914 §19]Section: Previous 633.450 633.460 633.461 633.470 633.471 633.475 633.476 633.479 633.480 633.485 633.495 633.500 633.510 633.511 633.520 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008