ORS 634.112 to 634.126 and 634.146 shall not apply to:
(1) Manufacturers of materials engaged in research or experimental work on pesticides.
(2) Persons engaged in the business of a pesticide operator or applicator only in the application of any pollenicide.
(3) Persons licensed as veterinarians under ORS chapter 686 who are engaged in the practice of veterinary medicine within the scope of their veterinary medicine practice and employees of licensed veterinarians when acting within the scope of their employment.
(4) A farmer or forestland owner applying pesticides, other than restricted-use pesticides, by use of equipment of the farmer or forestland owner for others on an occasional basis not amounting to a principal or regular occupation, if the farmer does not publicly hold out as a pesticide applicator and if the pesticides that are applied are furnished by the owner of the land on which such pesticides are applied.
(5) Persons who do not advertise or publicly hold themselves out as being in the business of applying pesticides but whose main or principal work or business is the maintenance of small or home lawns, shrubs or gardens.
(6) Persons who do not advertise or publicly hold themselves out as being in the business of applying pesticides and whose principal activity or business as related to pesticides is selling pesticides or selling or leasing equipment.
(7) Railroads, to the extent that the application of pesticides is by their regular employees, on land or property under their ownership, supervision, control or jurisdiction, except that if power-operated spray equipment is used for applying volatile herbicides, the application shall be under the direct supervision of a licensed public applicator. [1973 c.341 §22; 1995 c.360 §1; 2001 c.307 §1]Section: Previous 634.042 634.050 634.055 634.057 634.060 634.063 634.065 634.106 634.110 634.112 634.116 634.120 634.122 634.126 634.130 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008