(1) There is created the Minor Crops Advisory Committee in the State Department of Agriculture consisting of six members appointed by the Director of Agriculture and the coordinator of the Interregional Project Number 4 program at Oregon State University who shall be a permanent member.
(2) The director, as far as practicable, shall make appointments to the advisory committee so that the committee is representative of all segments of agriculture.
(3) Each appointed member shall serve a term of three years beginning July 1 of the year of appointment. A member shall continue to serve until a successor is appointed. Vacancies in office shall be filled by appointment for the unexpired term.
(4) The committee shall meet at the call of the chairperson or the Director of Agriculture. A majority of the members present at any meeting shall constitute a quorum, and a majority vote of the quorum at any meeting shall constitute an official act of the committee.
(5) At the first meeting after July 1 of each year, the committee shall select a chairperson. The Dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences of Oregon State University and the Director of Agriculture, or their representatives, shall be ex officio members without the right to vote.
(6) Members of the committee shall be eligible for compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495.
(7) The committee shall:
(a) Advise the department in the administration of ORS 634.016 to 634.042 as relates to minor crop use registrations;
(b) Cooperate with the United States Department of Agriculture’s Interregional Project Number 4 and the United States Environmental Protection Agency in obtaining federal registrations of pesticides for minor crop uses; and
(c) Maintain close contact between the department and agricultural producers regarding the need for research to support registration of pesticides for minor crops. [1989 c.709 §2]Section: Previous 634.500 634.505 634.510 634.515 634.520 634.525 634.550 634.600 634.650 634.655 634.660 634.665 634.670 634.900 634.905 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008