As used in ORS 646A.150 to 646A.172:
(1) “Maintenance agreement” means a contract of limited duration that provides for scheduled maintenance only.
(2) “Obligor” means the person who is contractually obligated to the service contract holder to provide service under a service contract and who:
(a) Sold the merchandise covered by the service contract;
(b) Sells merchandise similar to that covered by the service contract; or
(c) Is acting through or with the written consent of the manufacturer, importer or seller of the merchandise covered by the service contract.
(3) “Person” means an individual, partnership, corporation, incorporated or unincorporated association, joint stock company, reciprocal, syndicate or any similar entity or combination of entities acting in concert.
(4) “Service contract” is a contract described in ORS 646A.154.
(5) “Service contract holder” or “contract holder” means a person who is the purchaser or holder of a service contract.
(6) “Service contract seller” means a person who markets, sells or offers to sell a service contract.
(7) “Warranty” means a warranty made solely by the manufacturer, importer or seller of property or services, without charge, that is not negotiated or separated from the sale of the product and is incidental to the sale of the product, and that guarantees indemnity for defective parts, mechanical or electrical breakdown, labor or other remedial measures, such as repair or replacement of the property or repetition of services. [Formerly 646.265]Section: Previous 646A.128 646A.130 646A.132 646A.134 646A.140 646A.142 646A.150 646A.152 646A.154 646A.156 646A.158 646A.160 646A.162 646A.164 646A.166 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008