(1) A foreign corporation may apply to the Office of the Secretary of State to register its corporate name.
(2) The application must set forth the corporate name, the state or country of its incorporation, the date of its incorporation, a brief description of the nature of the activities in which it is engaged and a statement that it is not carrying on or doing business in the State of Oregon. The application must be accompanied by a certificate of existence or a document of similar import current within 60 days of delivery, duly authenticated by the official having custody of corporate records in the state or country under whose law it is incorporated.
(3) If the Secretary of State finds that the name conforms to ORS 65.094, the Secretary of State shall register the name effective for one year.
(4) A foreign corporation whose registration is effective may renew it for successive years by delivering to the Secretary of State for filing a renewal application which complies with the requirements of this section prior to the lapse of the previous registration. Filing of the renewal application renews the registration for an additional year from its prior expiration.
(5) A foreign corporation whose registration is effective may thereafter qualify to do business in this state as a foreign corporation under that name or transfer the registered name to another applicant for the name by the procedures provided in ORS 65.097 (3) with respect to reserved names. Filing of such a consent terminates the prior registration and operates as a reservation in the name of the transferee, if it does not simultaneously file under that name. [1989 c.1010 §34]Section: Previous 65.067 65.074 65.077 65.081 65.084 65.094 65.097 65.101 65.111 65.114 65.117 65.121 65.131 65.134 65.137 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008