(1) Unless this chapter, the articles, bylaws or the board of directors or members, acting pursuant to subsection (3) of this section, require a greater vote or voting by class, dissolution is authorized if it is approved:
(a) By the board;
(b) By the members entitled to vote on dissolution, if any, by at least two-thirds of the votes cast or a majority of the voting power, whichever is less; and
(c) In writing, by any person or persons whose approval is required for an amendment of the articles or bylaws, as authorized by ORS 65.467, or for dissolution.
(2) If the corporation does not have members entitled to vote on dissolution, dissolution must be approved by a vote of a majority of the directors in office at the time the transaction is approved. In addition, the corporation shall provide notice of any meeting of the board of directors at which such approval is to be considered in accordance with ORS 65.344 (2). The notice must also state that the purpose, or one of the purposes, of the meeting is to consider dissolution of the corporation and contain or be accompanied by a copy or summary of the plan of dissolution.
(3) The board may condition its submission of the proposed dissolution to a vote of members, and the members may condition their approval of the dissolution on receipt of a higher percentage of affirmative votes or on any other basis.
(4) If the board seeks to have dissolution approved by the members at a membership meeting, the corporation shall give all members, whether or not entitled to vote, notice of the proposed membership meeting in accordance with ORS 65.214. The notice must also state that the purpose, or one of the purposes, of the meeting is to consider dissolving the corporation and contain or be accompanied by a copy or summary of the plan of dissolution.
(5) If the board seeks to have dissolution approved by the members by written consent or written ballot, the material soliciting the approval shall contain or be accompanied by a copy or summary of the plan of dissolution.
(6) The plan of dissolution shall indicate to whom the assets owned or held by the corporation will be distributed after all creditors have been paid. [1989 c.1010 §131; 1991 c.231 §11]Section: Previous 65.501 65.504 65.531 65.534 65.551 65.554 65.621 65.624 65.627 65.631 65.634 65.637 65.641 65.644 65.647 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008