(1) Each domestic corporation, and each foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state, shall by its anniversary deliver to the Office of the Secretary of State for filing an annual report that sets forth:
(a) The name of the corporation and the state or country under whose law it is incorporated;
(b) The street address of the registered office and the name of the registered agent at that office in this state;
(c) If the registered agent is changed, that the new registered agent has consented to the appointment;
(d) The address including street and number and mailing address if different from its principal office;
(e) The names and addresses of the president and secretary of the corporation;
(f) A brief description of the nature of the activities of the corporation;
(g) Whether or not it has members;
(h) If it is a domestic corporation, whether it is a public benefit, mutual benefit or religious corporation;
(i) If it is a foreign corporation, whether it would be public benefit, mutual benefit or religious corporation had it been incorporated in this state; and
(j) Additional identifying information that the Secretary of State may require by rule.
(2) The information contained on the annual report shall be current as of 30 days before the anniversary of the corporation.
(3) The Secretary of State shall mail the annual report form to any address shown for the corporation in the current records of the office. The failure of the corporation to receive the annual report form from the Secretary of State shall not relieve the corporation of its duty to deliver an annual report to the office as required by this section.
(4) If an annual report does not contain the information required by this section, the Secretary of State shall promptly notify the reporting domestic or foreign corporation in writing and return the report to it for correction. The domestic or foreign corporation must correct the error within 45 days after the Secretary of State gives such notice.
(5) A domestic or foreign corporation may deliver to the Office of the Secretary of State for filing an amendment to the annual report if a change in the information set forth in the annual report occurs after the report is delivered to the Office of the Secretary of State for filing and before the next anniversary. This subsection applies only to a change that is not required to be made by an amendment to the articles of incorporation. The amendment to the annual report must set forth:
(a) The name of the corporation as shown on the records of the Office of the Secretary of State; and
(b) The information as changed. [1989 c.1010 §170; 2007 c.186 §8]Section: Previous 65.757 65.771 65.774 65.777 65.781 65.782 65.784 65.787 65.800 65.803 65.805 65.807 65.809 65.811 65.813 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008