(1) In accordance with the applicable provisions of ORS chapter 183, the Wage and Hour Commission shall adopt rules governing annual employment certificates required under this section. After September 9, 1995, the rules governing the total hours a minor can work shall not be more restrictive than the requirements of the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (29 U.S.C. 202, et seq.), unless otherwise provided by Oregon law.
(2) An employer who hires minors shall apply to the Wage and Hour Commission for an annual employment certificate to employ minors. The application shall be on a form provided by the commission and shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) The estimated or average number of minors to be employed during the year.
(b) A description of the activities to be performed.
(c) A description of the machinery or other equipment to be used by the minors.
(3) Once a year, the Bureau of Labor and Industries shall provide to all employers applying for an annual employment certificate an information sheet summarizing all rules and laws governing the employment of minors.
(4) Failure by an employer to comply with ORS 653.305 to 653.340 or with the regulations adopted by the Wage and Hour Commission pursuant to this section shall subject the employer to revocation of the right to hire minors in the future at the discretion of the Wage and Hour Commission, provided that an employer shall be granted a hearing before the Wage and Hour Commission prior to such action being taken.
(5) All school districts shall cooperate with the Wage and Hour Commission and make available upon request of the commission, information concerning the age and schooling of minors. [1971 c.626 §2; 1995 c.133 §1]Section: Previous 653.270 653.275 653.280 653.285 653.295 653.300 653.305 653.307 653.310 653.315 653.320 653.325 653.326 653.330 653.335 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008