The purpose of ORS 658.005 to 658.245 is to protect the health, safety and general welfare of the people of Oregon in their dealings with employment agencies. To accomplish this purpose the Legislative Assembly intends:
(1) To provide a procedure for determining where employment agencies will be operated in this state.
(2) To assure the public that persons operating employment agencies in this state are of good character and responsibility.
(3) To assure the public that the practices and procedures of employment agencies will result in individuals acquiring and retaining employment reasonably suited to their skills and needs.
(4) To regulate the circumstances under which charges for services may be charged or collected by employment agencies, but not to include the setting of maximum permanent fees in schedules published by employment agencies.
(5) To provide for the administration and enforcement of ORS 658.005 to 658.245 by the Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries. [1973 c.678 §24; 1981 c.318 §2; 1997 c.55 §3]Section: Previous 658.005 658.008 658.010 658.015 658.019 658.020 658.025 658.030 658.035 658.040 658.042 658.045 658.050 658.055 658.060 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008