(1) An applicant for a landscape contracting business license must qualify as an independent contractor, under ORS 670.600, to be licensed with the State Landscape Contractors Board.
(2) The board shall establish two classes of independent contractor licensees:
(a) The nonexempt class is composed of the following entities:
(A) Sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies with one or more employees; and
(B) Partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies with more than two partners, corporate officers or members if any of the partners, officers or members are not part of the same family and related as parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandchildren, sons-in-law or daughters-in-law.
(b) The exempt class is composed of all sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies that do not qualify as nonexempt.
(3) All partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies applying for a landscape contracting business license must have a federal tax identification number.
(4) If a licensee who qualifies under subsection (2)(b) of this section hires one or more employees, or falls into any of the categories set out in subsection (2)(a)(B) of this section, the licensee is subject to penalties under ORS 671.997 and must submit proof that the licensee qualifies under subsection (2)(a) of this section.
(5) The decision of the board that a licensee is an independent contractor applies only when the licensee is performing work of the nature described in ORS 671.520 and 671.530. [1991 c.533 §6; 1997 c.337 §2; 2007 c.541 §12]Section: Previous 671.460 671.465 671.470 671.475 671.480 671.510 671.520 671.525 671.530 671.540 671.550 671.555 671.557 671.560 671.563 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008