(1) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, a person who violates any provision of ORS 671.510 to 671.760 or a rule adopted pursuant to subsection (5) of this section or ORS 670.310, 670.605 or 671.670 shall forfeit and pay to the State Landscape Contractors Board a civil penalty in an amount determined by the board of not more than $2,000 for each offense.
(2) The board shall impose civil penalties under this section as provided in ORS 183.745.
(3) The provisions of this section are in addition to and not in lieu of any other penalty or sanction provided by law.
(4) If a landscape contracting business commits an act described under ORS 671.610 (5), the board shall impose penalties and sanctions on both the landscape contracting business to which the contract is awarded and the landscape contracting business that awards the contract as follows:
(a) A civil penalty of not less than $500 nor more than $1,000 for a first offense;
(b) A civil penalty of not less than $1,000 nor more than $2,000 for a second offense;
(c) Suspension of license or refusal to reissue license for six months for a third offense;
(d) Revocation of license for three years for a fourth offense; and
(e) Permanent revocation of the landscape contracting businessís license for a fifth offense.
(5) The board shall provide by rule a process and criteria that must be met for restoration of a license that has not been permanently revoked. [Formerly 671.955; 2007 c.541 §40]
_______________Section: Previous 671.700 671.703 671.705 671.707 671.710 671.720 671.750 671.755 671.760 671.950 671.955 671.990 671.992 671.995 671.997
Last modified: August 7, 2008