The Appraiser Certification and Licensure Board may suspend or revoke the certificate, license or registration of a state certified appraiser, a state licensed appraiser or a state registered appraiser assistant, reprimand a state certified appraiser, a state licensed appraiser or a state registered appraiser assistant, require additional education of a state certified appraiser, a state licensed appraiser or a state registered appraiser assistant or deny the issuance or renewal of a certificate, license or registration to an applicant if the state certified appraiser, state licensed appraiser or state registered appraiser assistant or applicant has done any of the following:
(1) Knowingly or negligently pursued a continued course of material misrepresentation in matters related to real estate appraisal activity, whether or not damage or injury resulted, or knowingly or negligently made a material misrepresentation or false material promise in a matter related to real estate appraisal activity, if the material misrepresentation or material false promise created a reasonable probability of damage or injury, whether or not damage or injury actually resulted.
(2) Disregarded or violated a provision of ORS 674.130 or 674.150 or the federal Act or a rule adopted under ORS 674.310.
(3) Knowingly or negligently made, printed, distributed or in any manner published materially misleading or untruthful advertising, descriptions or promises, of such character as reasonably to induce a person to act to the damage or injury of the person, whether or not actual damage or injury resulted.
(4) Guaranteed, authorized or permitted a person to guarantee future profits that may result in the resale of real property.
(5) Failed for any reason to pay to the board the annual registry fee provided for under ORS 674.330 (1) or the fees provided for under ORS 674.330 (2).
(6) Failed or refused upon demand by the board to produce or to supply for inspection by the board true copies of any document, book or record in the individualís possession or control or concerning real estate appraisal activity transacted by the individual.
(7) Failed to maintain at all times any records that the individual is required to maintain under ORS 674.150.
(8) Accepted employment or compensation for performing or agreeing to perform a real estate appraisal activity contingent upon the reporting of a predetermined value or performed real estate appraisal activity on real estate in which the individual had an undisclosed interest.
(9) Entered a plea of nolo contendere or been found guilty of, or been convicted of, a felony or misdemeanor substantially related to the individualís trustworthiness or competence to engage in real estate appraisal activity.
(10) Knowingly authorized, directed or aided in the publication, advertisement, distribution or circulation of a material false statement or material misrepresentation concerning the individualís business.
(11) Demonstrated negligence or incompetence in performing an act for which the individual is required to hold a certificate, license or registration.
(12) Knowingly permitted an individual whose certificate, license or registration has been suspended or revoked to engage in real estate appraisal activity with or on behalf of a state certified appraiser or state licensed appraiser.
(13) Committed an act or conduct, whether of the same or of a different character specified in this section and whether or not in the course of real estate appraisal activity, that:
(a) Constitutes or demonstrates bad faith, incompetency or untrustworthiness, or dishonest, fraudulent or improper dealings; and
(b) Is substantially related to the fitness of the applicant or holder of a certificate, license or registration to conduct real estate appraisal activity. [1991 c.5 §12; 2001 c.332 §1; 2003 c.749 §14; 2005 c.254 §4]Section: Previous 674.010 674.020 674.100 674.105 674.120 674.130 674.140 674.150 674.160 674.170 674.305 674.310 674.320 674.330 674.340 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008