(1) The Appraiser Certification and Licensure Board may impose a civil penalty, not to exceed $500 for each violation, on a person who violates a provision of ORS 674.130 to 674.150 or a rule or final order of the board or a judgment made by a court upon application of the board.
(2) The board may impose a civil penalty on a person who violates ORS 674.100 (1) in an amount that is:
(a) Not less than $100 and not more than $500 for the first violation; and
(b) Not less than $500 and not more than $1,000 for a subsequent violation.
(3) In addition to the civil penalties set forth in subsection (2) of this section, the board may impose a civil penalty on a person who violates ORS 674.100 (1) in an amount that does not exceed the amount by which the person profited in the transaction in violation of ORS 674.100 (1).
(4) The board shall impose civil penalties under this section in the manner provided in ORS 183.745.
(5)(a) The provisions of this section are in addition to and not in lieu of other enforcement provisions contained in ORS 674.140 and 674.310.
(b) The civil penalty provisions of subsections (2) and (3) of this section are in addition to and not in lieu of the criminal penalties for uncertified, unlicensed or unregistered real estate appraisal activity in ORS 674.990.
(6) The remedies provided in this section are in addition to and not exclusive of other remedies provided by law. [1991 c.5 §§13,14; 1993 c.744 §223; 2003 c.576 §541; 2005 c.109 §7; 2005 c.254 §9a]Section: Previous 674.330 674.340 674.343 674.346 674.349 674.352 674.355 674.358 674.361 674.364 674.367 674.405 674.410 674.850 674.990 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008