This chapter does not affect or prevent the following:
(1) The practice of medicine or podiatry in this state by any commissioned medical or podiatric officer serving in the Armed Forces of the United States or Public Health Service, or any medical or podiatric officer on duty with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, while any such medical or podiatric officer is engaged in the performance of the actual duties prescribed by the laws and regulations of the United States.
(2) The meeting in this state of any licensed practitioner of medicine of any other state or country with a licensed practitioner of medicine in this state, for consultation.
(3) Supervised clinical training by an acupuncture student who is enrolled in a school approved to offer credit for post-secondary clinical education in Oregon or clinical practice of acupuncture by a practitioner licensed to practice acupuncture in another state or foreign country who is enrolled in clinical training approved by the Oregon Medical Board.
(4) The furnishing of medical or surgical assistance in cases of emergency requiring immediate attention.
(5) The domestic administration of family remedies.
(6) The practice of dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, optometry, psychology, clinical social work, chiropractic, naturopathic medicine or cosmetic therapy, by any person authorized by this state. Nothing in ORS 677.085 (5) prevents the use of the words “Doctor” or “Specialist,” or any abbreviation or combination thereof, or any letters or words of similar import by any person duly licensed to practice optometry within Oregon.
(7) The practice of the religion of persons who endeavor to prevent or cure disease or suffering by prayer or other spiritual means in accordance with the tenets of any church. Nothing in this chapter interferes in any manner with the individual’s right to select the practitioner or mode of treatment of an individual’s choice, or interferes with the right of the person so employed to give the treatment so chosen if public health laws and rules are complied with.
(8) The sale of lenses, artificial eyes, limbs or surgical instruments or other apparatus or appliances of a similar character.
(9) The sale, rent or use for hire of any device or appliance, the sale of which is not prohibited by the laws of Oregon or the United States.
(10) The practice of physiotherapy, electrotherapy or hydrotherapy carried on by a duly licensed practitioner of medicine, naturopathic medicine or chiropractic, or by ancillary personnel certified by the State Board of Chiropractic Examiners, pursuant to ORS 684.155 (1)(c)(A), to provide physiotherapy, electrotherapy or hydrotherapy and working under the direction of a chiropractic physician.
(11) The practice or use of massage, Swedish movement, physical culture, or other natural methods requiring use of the hands. [Amended by 1953 c.159 §6; 1955 c.157 §1; 1961 c.400 §2; 1967 c.470 §4; 1975 c.776 §4; 1983 c.486 §3; 1987 c.726 §10; 1989 c.830 §2; 1991 c.67 §181; 1999 c.466 §1]Section: Previous 677.012 677.015 677.020 677.030 677.040 677.050 677.055 677.060 677.065 677.070 677.075 677.080 677.082 677.085 677.087 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008