(1) A personís license to practice under this chapter automatically lapses if the licensee fails to:
(a) Pay the registration fee as required by rule of the Oregon Medical Board.
(b) Notify the board of a change of location not later than the 30th day after such change.
(c) Complete prior to payment of the registration fee described in paragraph (a) of this subsection, or provide documentation of previous completion of, if required by rule of the board:
(A) A pain management education program approved by the board and developed in conjunction with the Pain Management Commission established under ORS 409.500; or
(B) An equivalent pain management education program, as determined by the board.
(2) If a license issued automatically lapses under this section, the holder of the license shall not practice until the conditions for which the license automatically lapsed no longer exist.
(3) A person whose license has automatically lapsed under subsection (1)(a) of this section is reinstated automatically when the licensee pays the registration fee plus all late fees then due.
(4) A person whose license has automatically lapsed under subsection (1)(b) of this section is reinstated automatically if the board receives notification of the current and correct address of the licensee not later than the 10th day after such automatic lapse takes effect. Otherwise the lapse continues until terminated by the board.
(5) A person whose license has automatically lapsed under subsection (1)(c) of this section is reinstated automatically when the board receives documentation of the personís completion of a pain management education program if required by subsection (1)(c) of this section. [1967 c.470 §41; 1983 c.486 §28; 1989 c.830 §16; 1993 c.16 §3; 2001 c.987 §13]Section: Previous 677.202 677.205 677.208 677.210 677.215 677.220 677.225 677.228 677.230 677.232 677.235 677.240 677.250 677.255 677.257 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008