(1) No person shall practice acupuncture without first obtaining a license to practice medicine and surgery or a license to practice acupuncture from the Oregon Medical Board except as provided in subsection (2) of this section.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, the board may issue a license to practice acupuncture to an individual licensed to practice acupuncture in another state or territory of the United States if the individual is licensed to practice medicine and surgery or acupuncture in the other state or territory. The board shall not issue such a license unless the requirements of the other state or territory are similar to the requirements of this state.
(3) The board shall examine the qualifications of an applicant and determine who shall be authorized to practice acupuncture.
(4) Using the term “acupuncture,” “acupuncturist,” “Oriental medicine” or any other term, title, name or abbreviation indicating that an individual is qualified or licensed to practice acupuncture is prima facie evidence of practicing acupuncture.
(5) In addition to the powers and duties of the board described in this chapter, the board shall adopt rules consistent with ORS 677.757 to 677.770 governing the issuance of a license to practice acupuncture. [1993 c.378 §2]Section: Previous 677.677 677.680 677.690 677.700 677.750 677.755 677.757 677.759 677.760 677.761 677.765 677.770 677.775 677.780 677.785 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008