ORS 678.010 to 678.410 do not apply to:
(1) The employment of nurses in institutions or agencies of the federal government.
(2) The practice of nursing incidental to the planned program of study for students enrolled in nursing education programs accredited by the Oregon State Board of Nursing or accredited by another state or United States territory as described under ORS 678.040 and approved by the board.
(3) Nursing practiced outside this state that is incidental to a distance learning program provided by an institution of higher education located in Oregon.
(4) The furnishing of nursing assistance in an emergency.
(5) The practice of any other occupation or profession licensed under the laws of this state.
(6) Care of the sick with or without compensation when performed in connection with the practice of the religious tenets of a well-recognized church or denomination that relies exclusively on treatment by prayer and spiritual means by adherents thereof so long as the adherent does not engage in the practice of nursing as defined in ORS 678.010 to 678.410 and 678.990 or hold oneself out as a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse.
(7) Nonresident nurses licensed and in good standing in another state if they are practicing in Oregon on a single, temporary assignment of not to exceed 30 days, renewable for not to exceed 30 days, for assignments that are for the general public benefit limited to the following:
(a) Transport teams;
(b) Red Cross Blood Services personnel;
(c) Presentation of educational programs;
(d) Disaster teams;
(e) Staffing a coronary care unit, intensive care unit or emergency department in a hospital that is responding to a temporary staffing shortage and would be otherwise unable to meet its critical care staffing requirements; or
(f) Staffing a long term care facility that is responding to a temporary staffing shortage and would be otherwise unable to meet its staffing requirements. [1957 c.316 §8 (enacted in lieu of 678.030); 1973 c.584 §3; 1981 c.369 §1; 1997 c.110 §1; 2001 c.465 §2; 2001 c.568 §1]Section: Previous 678.010 678.015 678.020 678.021 678.030 678.031 678.034 678.035 678.036 678.040 678.045 678.050 678.060 678.061 678.070 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008