(1) Every person licensed to practice nursing shall apply for renewal of the license other than a limited license in every second year before 12:01 a.m. on the anniversary of the birthdate of the person in the odd-numbered year for persons whose birth occurred in an odd-numbered year and in the even-numbered year for persons whose birth occurred in an even-numbered year. Persons whose birthdate anniversary falls on February 29 shall be treated as if the anniversary were March 1.
(2) Each application shall be accompanied by a nonrefundable renewal fee payable to the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
(3) The board may not renew the license of a person licensed to practice nursing unless:
(a) The requirements of subsections (1) and (2) of this section are met; and
(b) Prior to payment of the renewal fee described in subsection (2) of this section the applicant completes, or provides documentation of previous completion of:
(A) A pain management education program approved by the board and developed in conjunction with the Pain Management Commission established under ORS 409.500; or
(B) An equivalent pain management education program, as determined by the board.
(4) The license of any person not renewed for failure to comply with subsections (1) to (3) of this section is expired and the person shall be considered delinquent and is subject to the delinquent fee specified in ORS 678.410.
(5) A registered nurse who has been issued a certificate as a nurse practitioner shall apply, personally or by appropriately postmarked letter, for renewal of the certificate and for renewal of the prescriptive privileges in every second year before 12:01 a.m. on the anniversary of the birthdate, as determined for the personís license to practice nursing. [1957 c.316 §16 (enacted in lieu of 678.100); 1965 c.158 §1; 1969 c.71 §3; 1973 c.584 §7; 1975 c.205 §3; 1981 c.369 §5; 1987 c.79 §5; 1999 c.420 §2; 2001 c.987 §15]Section: Previous 678.060 678.061 678.070 678.080 678.085 678.090 678.100 678.101 678.110 678.111 678.112 678.113 678.115 678.117 678.120 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008