As used in ORS 678.245 to 678.285:
(1) “Anesthesiologist” means a physician who has completed a residency program in anesthesiology that meets or exceeds the standards adopted by the Oregon Medical Board.
(2) “Certified registered nurse anesthetist” means a registered nurse licensed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing as a certified registered nurse anesthetist.
(3) “Medical collaboration” means approval of the anesthesia plan by an anesthesiologist and an anesthesiologist being readily available during the administration of anesthetic agents until the patient’s post-anesthesia condition is satisfactory and stable.
(4) “Physician” means a doctor of medicine or osteopathy licensed in Oregon under ORS chapter 677.
(5) “Procedure” means surgery, labor and delivery or other medical services in a hospital or ambulatory surgical center, as defined in ORS 442.015, rendered by a physician or other health care provider qualified by appropriate state license and hospital or center privileges or hospital or center written authorization to render such services. [1997 c.575 §1]
Note: 678.245 to 678.285 were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 678 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.Section: Previous 678.170 678.210 678.220 678.230 678.235 678.237 678.240 678.245 678.250 678.255 678.260 678.265 678.270 678.275 678.280 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008