(1) An applicant for licensure under this chapter shall:
(a) Provide evidence satisfactory to the Board of Naturopathic Examiners of having successfully passed the basic science and the core clinical science examinations administered by the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners; and
(b) Pass any additional examinations required for licensure by the Board of Naturopathic Examiners by rule.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1)(a) of this section, the board may waive the basic science examination requirement for licensure for an applicant who is qualified in basic science as a result of successful performance on an examination determined by the board to be comparable to the basic science examination required under subsection (1)(a) of this section and to have been taken recently enough to ensure the currency of the applicant’s knowledge.
(3) At a time and place designated by the board, an applicant for licensure shall take any examinations required by the board by rule. The board shall publish the time and place of the examinations at least 30 days prior to the date of the examinations.
(4) If the applicant passes the required examinations and satisfies all other requirements for licensure under this chapter, upon payment of the initial license fee assessed under ORS 685.100, the board shall issue to the applicant a license to practice naturopathic medicine.
(5) If an applicant fails to pass either the basic science or core clinical science section of the examination, or fails to pass the sections of the examination covering those subjects required by the board by rule, then without losing credits for sections passed, the applicant shall be permitted to retake each section a total of two times within a period of two years. If, after three attempts, the applicant has not passed the basic science or core clinical science section of the examination, the applicant shall be required to wait one year and retake the section. [Amended by 1985 c.624 §7; 1989 c.575 §3; 2007 c.327 §3]Section: Previous 685.020 685.030 685.040 685.050 685.055 685.060 685.070 685.080 685.085 685.090 685.091 685.100 685.102 685.104 685.106 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008