As used in ORS 688.010 to 688.201, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Board” means the Physical Therapist Licensing Board.
(2) “Physical therapist” means a person who is licensed pursuant to ORS 688.010 to 688.201 to practice physical therapy.
(3) “Physical therapist aide” means a person who is trained by a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant to perform designated and supervised routine tasks related to physical therapy and who works under the direct on-site supervision of a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant.
(4) “Physical therapist assistant” means a person who assists a physical therapist in the administration of selected components of physical therapy intervention. A physical therapist assistant works under the supervision and direction of the physical therapist.
(5) “Physical therapy” means the care and services provided by a physical therapist or by a physical therapist assistant under the supervision and direction of a physical therapist.
(6) “Practice of physical therapy” means:
(a) Examining, evaluating and testing for mechanical, physiological and developmental impairments, functional limitations and disabilities or other neuromusculoskeletal conditions in order to determine a physical therapy diagnosis or prognosis or a plan of physical therapy intervention and to assess the ongoing effects of physical therapy intervention.
(b) Alleviating impairments and functional limitations by designing, implementing, administering and modifying physical therapy interventions.
(c) Reducing the risk of injury, impairment, functional limitation and disability by physical therapy interventions that may include as a component the promotion and maintenance of health, fitness and quality of life in all age populations.
(d) Consulting or providing educational services to a patient for the purposes of paragraphs (a), (b) and (c) of this subsection. [1959 c.461 §1; 1965 c.314 §1; 1969 c.339 §1; 1971 c.585 §1; 1975 c.111 §1; 1987 c.726 §5; 2005 c.627 §3]Section: 688.010 688.015 688.020 688.030 688.035 688.040 688.050 688.055 688.060 688.070 688.080 688.090 688.100 688.110 688.120 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008