(1) The application for a certificate of authority to conduct the business of an operating cemetery shall be made on a form provided by the State Mortuary and Cemetery Board. The application shall be accompanied by the application fee established under ORS 692.160. However, any exempt operating cemetery is entitled to receive a certificate of authority to operate upon payment of an initial fee not to exceed $100 and a fee not to exceed $50 for registration of all principals regardless of the total number of principals. An exempt operating cemetery is not required to pay the renewal fee or the fee for any change in principal other than the cemetery manager.
(2) A cemetery, other than an operating cemetery or a historic cemetery listed with the Oregon Commission on Historic Cemeteries under ORS 97.782, shall be registered with the board. An owner of a cemetery, other than an operating cemetery or a historic cemetery listed with the Oregon Commission on Historic Cemeteries under ORS 97.782, shall register the cemetery with the board on a form provided by the board. No fee shall be required of a cemetery registrant.
(3) The person who plans to operate a crematorium shall apply before operation for a certificate of authority to operate a crematorium on a form provided by the board. The application shall be accompanied by the application fee established under ORS 692.160.
(4) For purposes of this section and ORS 692.025, each location of a cemetery or crematorium is a separate location and must be licensed separately. Those cemeteries that are subject to registration shall be registered separately.
(5) The recommendation of the Cremation Association of North America shall be used in adopting rules regulating crematoriums.
(6) This section applies to operating cemeteries or other cemeteries owned by any city, county or other municipal corporation.
(7) The board may not subject an exempt operating cemetery to random inspections. [1985 c.207 §19; 1989 c.177 §11; 1991 c.542 §3; 1999 c.731 §11; 2001 c.224 §2; 2003 c.173 §10; 2007 c.436 §2]Section: Previous 692.220 692.230 692.240 692.250 692.260 692.265 692.270 692.275 692.285 692.300 692.310 692.320 692.330 692.340 692.350 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008