(1) After an applicant has submitted a complete application, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services shall review the application and may investigate the applicant’s financial condition and responsibility, financial and business experience, character and general fitness to conduct a check-cashing business. The director may also determine if the applicant has complied with applicable provisions of ORS 697.500 to 697.555 and of federal law.
(2) The director shall issue a license to the applicant to conduct a check-cashing business at the locations identified in the application if the director finds that:
(a) The applicant and the applicant’s members, officers, directors and principals are financially responsible, have a good character and a good reputation and are experienced and generally fit to conduct a check-cashing business efficiently, in the public interest and in accordance with law;
(b) The applicant has fulfilled the requirements imposed under ORS 697.510; and
(c) The applicant has paid the license and investigation fees required under ORS 697.512.
(3) A license issued under this section expires on December 31 of the first full calendar year following the year in which the license is issued. A licensee may not assign or transfer a license issued under this section. A licensee may renew a license upon payment of a license fee in an amount the director prescribes by rule.
(4) The director shall deny the application if the applicant does not meet the requirements set forth in this section. The director’s denial shall be in writing and shall describe the reasons for the denial.
(5) If the director denies a license under this section, the applicant may request a hearing in accordance with ORS 183.435. Upon receiving the applicant’s request, the director shall grant the applicant a hearing under ORS 183.413 to 183.470. [2007 c.358 §6]Section: Previous 697.470 697.480 697.500 697.502 697.504 697.510 697.512 697.514 697.520 697.522 697.524 697.526 697.528 697.530 697.540 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008