The Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services may:
(1) Make such investigations as the director deems necessary to determine whether a person has violated, is violating or is preparing to violate ORS 697.500 to 697.555 or a rule or order adopted or issued under ORS 697.500 to 697.555.
(2) Require a person to file a statement in writing, under oath or otherwise as the director determines, concerning a matter under investigation.
(3) Take evidence from witnesses and compel the attendance of witnesses and the production of books, papers, correspondence, memoranda, agreements or other documents or records that the director considers relevant or material to an investigation or proceeding.
(4) Take any affirmative action necessary to carry out the provisions of this section, including assessing the costs of an investigation.
(5) Order a person to cease and desist from any action that the director has reason to believe was, is or is about to become a violation of ORS 697.500 to 697.555, a rule adopted to implement ORS 697.500 to 697.555 or an order the director issued to enforce ORS 697.500 to 697.555. [2007 c.358 §14]Section: Previous 697.520 697.522 697.524 697.526 697.528 697.530 697.540 697.542 697.550 697.555 697.602 697.610 697.612 697.615 697.620 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008