(1) In addition to any other liability or penalty provided by law, the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services may impose a civil penalty on a person in an amount not to exceed $1,000 for each violation of ORS 697.612 or 697.642 to 697.702, rules adopted under ORS 697.632 or order issued under ORS 697.825.
(2) The director shall impose a civil penalty on a person under this section in the manner provided by ORS 183.745.
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 183.745, the person to whom the notice is addressed shall have 10 days from the date of mailing of the notice in which to apply for a hearing before the director.
(4) The payment or tendering of payment of a civil penalty imposed under this section shall not relieve the obligation of a person to comply with the applicable statute or rule.
(5) All penalties recovered under this section shall be paid into the State Treasury and credited to the General Fund and are available for general governmental expenses. [1983 c.17 §24a; 1989 c.706 §25; 1991 c.734 §88; 2005 c.338 §20]Section: Previous 697.783 697.785 697.790 697.792 697.802 697.810 697.812 697.820 697.822 697.825 697.830 697.832 697.842 697.990 697.992 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008