Any person or persons desiring to organize a domestic stock insurer shall, as prospective incorporators, first file an application with the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services for a permit to organize such an insurer. The applicants shall pay the applicable fee to the director at the time the application is filed. The application shall be on forms provided by the director, shall be signed by the applicants and verified. The form shall specify information with regard to the following:
(1) The class or classes of insurance to be transacted.
(2) The full names and addresses of each person who will own or control, directly or indirectly, 10 percent or more of the stock.
(3) The full name and residence address of each person associated or to be associated in the formation, organization, operation, management, stock underwriting or financing of the insurer.
(4) Full disclosure of the terms of all pertinent agreements and understandings existing or proposed among and between such persons so associated. A copy of all such agreements and understandings shall be filed with the application.
(5) The full name and residence address of the proposed directors and officers, including information regarding the character, financial responsibility, business ability and experience in the business of insurance or businesses related thereto, of each.
(6) The proposed capitalization, the plan of financing and for solicitation of stock, and a summary of the plan of operation, including types of policies to be issued.
(7) Such additional information, including but not limited to financial data, actuarial projections and copies of proposed policies, which the director may by rule or otherwise require. [1967 c.359 §148; 1989 c.413 §7; 1991 c.401 §4]Section: Previous 732.005 732.010 732.015 732.020 732.025 732.030 732.035 732.040 732.045 732.050 732.055 732.060 732.065 732.070 732.075 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008