(1) All insurers offering a health benefit plan as defined in ORS 743.730 shall provide payment, coverage or reimbursement for the following mastectomy-related services as determined by the attending physician and enrollee to be part of the enrollee’s course or plan of treatment:
(a) All stages of reconstruction of the breast on which a mastectomy was performed, including but not limited to nipple reconstruction, skin grafts and stippling of the nipple and areola;
(b) Surgery and reconstruction of the other breast to produce a symmetrical appearance;
(d) Treatment of physical complications of the mastectomy, including lymphedemas; and
(e) Inpatient care related to the mastectomy and post-mastectomy services.
(2) An insurer providing coverage under subsection (1) of this section shall provide written notice describing the coverage to the enrollee at the time of enrollment in the health benefit plan and annually thereafter.
(3) A health benefit plan must provide a single determination of prior authorization for all mastectomy-related services covered under subsection (1) of this section that are part of the enrollee’s course or plan of treatment.
(4) When an enrollee requests an external review of an adverse decision by the insurer regarding services described in subsection (1) of this section, the insurer must expedite the enrollee’s case pursuant to ORS 743.857 (4).
(5) The coverage required under subsection (1) of this section is subject to the same terms and conditions in the plan that apply to other benefits under the plan.
(6) This section is exempt from ORS 743A.001. [Formerly 743.691]Section: Previous 743A.080 743A.084 743A.088 743A.090 743A.100 743A.104 743A.108 743A.110 743A.120 743A.124 743A.140 743A.144 743A.148 743A.160 743A.164 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008