(1) Unless the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services refuses to issue or renew a license pursuant to ORS 744.074, a nonresident person shall receive a nonresident insurance producer license if:
(a) The person is currently licensed as a resident insurance producer and is in good standing in the personís home state;
(b) The person has submitted the proper request for a nonresident insurance producer license and has paid the applicable fees;
(c) The person has submitted or transmitted to the director the resident insurance producer license application that the person submitted to the personís home state, or in lieu of that application, a completed Uniform Application; and
(d) The personís home state grants nonresident insurance producer licenses to residents of this state on the same basis.
(2) The director may verify the insurance producerís licensing status through the Producer Database maintained by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, its affiliates or subsidiaries.
(3) A nonresident insurance producer licensed in this state who moves from one state to another state or a resident insurance producer who moves from this state to another state shall file with the director a change of address and provide certification from the new resident state not later than the 30th day after the change of legal residence. No fee or license application is required under this subsection.
(4) A person licensed as a surplus lines insurance producer in the personís home state shall receive a nonresident surplus lines insurance producer license pursuant to subsection (1) of this section. Except as provided in subsection (1) of this section, nothing in this section supersedes any provision of ORS 735.400 to 735.495.
(5) Notwithstanding any other provision of ORS 744.052 to 744.089, the director shall issue a nonresident limited class insurance producer license pursuant to subsection (1) of this section to a person who is licensed as a limited class credit insurance producer or as another type of limited class insurance producer under the laws of the personís home state that restrict the authority of the license to less than the authority prescribed in ORS 744.062 for the classes of life insurance, health insurance, property insurance or casualty insurance.
(6) A license for the class of title insurance may not be issued to a nonresident insurance producer.
(7) The director is the attorney in fact of a person to whom a license is issued under this section, and upon whom all legal process in any action or proceeding against the person may be served. Any legal process against the person that is served upon the director has the same legal force and validity as if served upon the person. The authority of the director under this subsection continues as long as any liability remains outstanding in this state. The director becomes the attorney in fact of the person on the date that the director issues the nonresident insurance producer license to the person. [2001 c.191 §7; 2003 c.364 §9]Section: Previous 744.056 744.057 744.058 744.059 744.060 744.061 744.062 744.063 744.064 744.065 744.066 744.067 744.068 744.069 744.070 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008